This can be useful on development sites where you have many IIS sites running but don’t want search engines to index them without creating robots.txt on every site.
To do this we’ll have to add a X-Robots-Tag HTTP Response header which is some search engines including Google as detailed here: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/robots-exclusion-protocol-now-with-even.html
Here are the steps:
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Click the server instance name from the left menu
3. Open HTTP Response Headers
4. Click Add… from the action menu
5. In the Name input, type: X-Robots-Tag and in the Value input, type: noindex
SSL v2 is weak and outdated protocol. All modern browsers support SSL v3 and it’s enabled by default on Windows 2008 (IIS 7 / IIS 7.5). To make sure all clients are using SSL v3 we must disable SSL v2. This is required for PCI compliance. Continue reading
This is a quick guide on how to migrate all sites from IIS 6 to IIS 7. You can probably use the same commands to move sites from one IIS 7 to another.
Everything will be migrated, including application pools, virtual directories, SSL certficiates etc.
1. Download and install Web Deployment Tool on both source and destination servers: http://www.iis.net/download/webdeploy Continue reading
When uploading files greater than 28.6 MB (30000000 Bytes) with ASP.NET on IIS 7.5 using SWFUpload I’m getting this error:
There has been an I/O Error: Error #2038
Today when adding a secure binding to one of my sites in IIS 7, I got this error:
One or more intermediate certificates in the certificate chain are missing. To resolve this issue, make sure that all of the intermediate certificates are installed. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954755.